He has made everything beautiful in His time. He has placed eternity in the hearts of men yet they can not fathom what God will do from beginning to end. - Ecc. 3:11

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Anticipation

Well today was "treat day." The one day of the week I can splure a little from my diet. LL Cool J was on The View the other day and suggested taking one day a week to treat yourself. He said this will prevent one from craving something to the point that you neglect your diet altogether. So having started this diet on Monday I was eagerly anticipating this day. That is the kind of person I am. I love anticipating things. When I was three years old the night before my 4th birthday I wanted to stay up all night. The table was decorated with Ragaddy Ann plates and cups...even a cute Ragaddy Ann cake. I sat at that table and informed my parents that I was going to stay there all night and wait for my kids to come to my party. My favorite day during the holidays is Dec. 23rd. That day meaant that the next day would be Dec. 24 and that was the day that we went over to my grandmother's house which meant the day after that would be Christmas. But on Christmas day...the excitment is gone. I LOVE the intrigue that comes with anticipation. But when the event actually takes place...I am often left disappointed. So I anticipated today eating one of my favorite foods. Feeling good that I had made it three days( which is a milestone for someone that is dealing with a stronghold) without giving into the temptation that the Golden Arches represents, I found myself just eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for lunch with a small fry from chick-fil-la and a cookie from the Cookie company. And it did not even taste good. And today I thought...will I anticipate freedom from a food addiction only to be disappointed when I no longer live to eat but eat to live? Surely not. There is joy in freedom. There is life in freedom. One can not live a life full of abudance and be disappointed. Will some things in life bring disappoint. Yes. But I will press onto anitciapte feeling healthy and beautiful in my skin...and I will enjoy it when it happens.

2 comments:

  1. Ok, there is so much here I must use the number system.
    1. I absolutely LOVE the fact that you are taking advice from LL Cool J!!!
    2. The picture of you sitting amongst the Ragaddy Ann decor anticipating your friends' arrival absolutely completes my life!! I can just see little Cynthia smiling, wide-eyed, and rocking back and forth in anticipation. Oh what a blessed sight!!
    3. Sad times that you are disappointed on Jesus' birthday every year! LOL!
    4. I am going to be in prayer for you as I read this and get my own encouragement from your heart's journey with this.
    5. I LOVE YOU!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know how much my love for you runs deep. If you want to buy a jet and then fly here everyday and give me a hug....I am more than ok with that. I probably need to focus on the 25th being a celebration of the birth of Jesus...and not two days after my favorite day. Love you.

    ReplyDelete