He has made everything beautiful in His time. He has placed eternity in the hearts of men yet they can not fathom what God will do from beginning to end. - Ecc. 3:11

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Uggh...

That is about as creative as I can get for the title. It has been a difficult week. Being an emotional eating, whenever one has an emotional week...or lives an emotional life...sometimes you fall down and you have to get back up again. This week I feel down. The one thing I feel I have control over in my life is food. I can decide what I want to eat, when I want to eat, and how much I want to eat. Instead of considering the long term consequences of those decisions, I focus only on that fact that I am in "control." (sounds like Janet Jackson's song) In fact I believe I am numb to whether or not what I am eating actually taste good. All of this made more sense on Tuesday. In a situation where I felt I was taken advantage of and my time was disregarded, I felt I was without control. So I started thinking about what I was going to eat. My "free" day of eating is not Tuesday, but Thursday. I became anxious and frustrated because a battle started taking place in my mind. I was trying to justify why I should be able to eat what I wanted. I wanted control. On the other hand, I was thinking about my goal of losing weight and how good I feel physically when I eat properly. In the end...I did not drive through a fast food drive-thru...but I did eat 4 recees cups. And today I had a doughnut and six oreos. This Operation Bridesmaid Diet is going is a lot harder than I ever expected. Exercising is easy. I love to be active and work out. Changing my eating habits is difficult. As I was riding a bike today I thought again....this is for the Glory of God. I want to honor the Lord with not only my body but my eating habits. I made some bad decisions today. Tomorrow is another day and His mercies are new every morning. This will not be easy but I am determined.

3 comments:

  1. Cynthia,

    I am so sorry that you had such a tough week. I, of all people, know how hard it is to change habits and ways of thinking and doing that are ingrained within us. Falling down is easy. And it is what makes us human. Getting back up is what makes us exceptional. Though we haven't talked in a long time, that is one thing I recall perfectly about you--you are exceptional when you put your mind and heart to something. I know that you will achieve this goal that you have set for yourself, not because you are strong enough, but because the God within you is strong enough. My journey is not the same as yours. Lord knows, I have a very long way to go. But we have the same end in sight: happier, healthier lives. I would love to encourage you along the way. I pray that as morning comes, you will find within yourself a new strength, a fresh resolve to make the best choices possible.

    Blessings!

    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  2. O my sweet Christina....how i love thee. You were my first friend in college. And I cherish that more than you know. Look forward to catching up face to face very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to see you when you come to town again. Just holler! LOL :0)

    ReplyDelete